Yesterday, I posted what my goals were for today’s DND half-marathon. Was I able to meet them all… well, I got to achieve 2 out 3…
I arrived early at the Camp Aguinaldo Grandstand hence I was able to get my kit without much hassle. I almost got lost on my way there though. I got down in front of the Edsa gate of the camp, and I was surprised too see it was closed. There was no sentry around, or a sign giving directions where the entrance was. Since I wasn’t familiar with the area, I was beginning to get a bit worried I might not find the proper entrance. Lucky for me, I saw some people walking along Edsa who were wearing shorts, and were carrying bags. I assumed they were runners so I decided to follow them, and true enough, they were walking to the entrance of the camp. That walk served as a part of my warm-up for the race.
The other goal I got to achieve was that I got to meet a lot of runners before, during, and after the race. I got to meet:
- Jan, Joms –> members of Happy Feet who I 1st met last June 9
- Doc Oknoy –> another Happy Feet member who graciously offered his car where to place our bags, thanks! (the baggage counter opened late…)
- BaldRunner –> who I met while warming up. I got to have a nice chat with him also after the race…
- JunC –> nice to have finally met you! Congratulations on your new garmin 205 🙂
- RunMD –> congratulations in finishing your 1st half marathon! Galing mo!
- George –> who I met while running towards the entrance of Camp Aguinaldo… before he zoomed past me 🙂 Oh by the way, he got to help some fellow who got dizzy/lost consciousness after crossing the finish line…
- John –> Coach Rio’s right hand man and brother-in-law. I got to meet him at the registration booth for the Mizuno run on June 29 🙂
I didn’t get to meet Marga though, maybe in the next races….
For my other goal, well, I wasn’t able to get it. I’ll be talking about it in more detail during my next post, but, for now, all I can say is that I got to finish the race with an unofficial time of 1:54:28 (way off my target time! 😦 ), for a distance of 20.7 km, giving me an average pace of 5:31min/km.