Wow! I just checked Coach Rio’s site and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my official time was 47:28, with an average pace of 4:45! That’s 16 seconds better than my garmin time! I must have pressed the stop button late… Yipee!
Here’s my kilometer splits for the DocFit run, with a little recap of how I ran the race…
- 4:30 –> started out real fast, must have been due to the excitement. Though the slight downward slope of that part of the acad oval probably helped. I was a little bit nervous though that with this fast start, I might burn myself out too early.
- 4:39 –> the reality of not being able to maintain a pace of 4:30 the whole race hit me. Still, I was well under my target pace of 4:48 min/km and I was glad I didn’t feel I was overexerting myself.
- 4:40 –> this part of the race was quite fun. It coursed through Magsaysay, with its varied terrain of flat, inclines, downhills. I didn’t like it though when we then ran towards the Univ Ave, since my legs and feet were slightly jolted by the sudden shift of the course to concrete from the “softer” asphalt. This is one of weird things I realized because of running, that when you run long enough, your legs begin to notice the differences between running surfaces.
- 4:56 –> the most difficult part of the race. The incline towards the police station is a killer. It really slowed my pace down, and what made it more difficult is that after the steep incline, your greeted by still an inclined road, albeit at a lesser angle, that continues until the loop-around.
- 4:48 — after the exertion on the hill, I just didn’t have enough energy to speed it up a bit, even though Osmena was relatively flat. — 5 km split: 23:33 —
- 5:01 — the hill
- 4:57 — my second bout with the hill just drained me. I guess I need to do a lot more hill running to supplement my training. Especially since Mizuno 2 is just a month away!
- 4:51 — not much of a sprint 😦 — 5 km split: 24:11 —
unofficial time: 47:44, average pace 4:47
official time: 47:28, average pace: 4:45
- June 15 –> DND half marathon
- June 29 –> Mizuno 2 (the run to infinity 2, with water — as announced by Coach Rio–> who I got to meet after the awarding ceremonies of DocFit 🙂